Who We Are
Communication for Change
The graduate program in Communication Studies at Kansas State seeks transformation. Specifically, we want to…
- improve society through research, education, and competitive forensics;
- offer practical advice to communities for healthier relationships, politics, and organizations;
- help students develop expertise for people-centered professions, teaching and coaching, and doctoral or professional education.
Our research-intensive MA program is distinguished by…
- small seminars in theory, methods, and special topics, covering the critical conversations in Communication Studies;
- faculty-student research collaborations as well as mentorship of student scholarship;
- full-time students gaining teaching and coaching experience through assistantships;
- innovative education beyond the classroom, from study abroad to campus internships to community dialogues on difficult topics.
We seek students who are…
- part- or full-time;
- recent BA or BS graduates of communication and allied fields, as well as those returning to higher education;
- curious about meaning-making, relationships, culture, conflict, power, organizing, persuasion and argumentation, or dialogue and deliberation;
- wanting to challenge themselves and others to do better, using communication and rhetoric for good.