Lambda Pi Eta
Welcome to the Lambda Pi Eta, Upsilon Rho Chapter Homepage!
Lambda Pi Eta is the Communication Studies honor society of the National Communication Association. Lambda Pi Eta serves as a basis to not only reward students for their academic excellence, but instill a foundation for educational and professional growth. At Kansas State University, Lambda Pi Eta works hard to bring an air of respect and esteem to the Communication Department. Members of Lambda Pi Eta work hard to promote and establish the importance of Communication.
The national undergraduate communication studies honor society, Lambda Pi Eta (LPH), was established at K-State in 2006.
LPH represents what Aristotle described in his book, Rhetoric, as the three ingredients of persuasion: Logos (Lambda) meaning logic, Pathos (Pi) relating to emotion, and Ethos (Eta) defined as character credibility and ethics.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP!
Goals of Lambda Pi Eta
(1) Recognize, foster and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in communication studies
(2) Stimulate interest in the field of communication
(3) Promote and encourage professional development among communication majors
(4) Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of communication
(5) Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students
(6) Explore options for graduate education in communication studies
To learn more about K-State's Upsilon Rho chapter of Lambda Pi Eta, please visit the Communication Studies office in Nichols Hall or contact current president Heidi Forland.