Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Communication Studies Program will be able to:
- Think clearly, critically, and creatively in response to communication problems.
- Express their ideas in oral and written messages that are coherent, persuasive, and ethical.
- Demonstrate the communication skills necessary to engage in personal, professional, civic and social relationships.
- Adapt oral and written messages to diverse audiences.
- Analyze and evaluate verbal and nonverbal messages in differing social, political, and cultural contexts in order to assess their effectiveness and
- Demonstrate comprehension of significant issues in the history, theory, and criticism of human communication.
- Listen critically.
- Work productively in groups and teams.