Graduate certificates enable students to develop specialized competencies while earning their Master’s degree. Blending the Master’s degree with a graduate certificate helps graduate students distinguish themselves as they pursue their chosen career
Graduate Certificate in Dialogue, Deliberation and Public Engagement (DDPE)
Leading diverse groups through change is a key competency in today’s communities and organizations. The 12-hour graduate certificate in Dialogue, Deliberation, and Public Engagement (DDPE) prepares students for this difficult and rewarding work. The DDPE focuses on theories and practices of engaging diverse stakeholder groups. This program counts toward the Master’s degree in communication.
The following courses (6 credit hours) are required for the DDPE certificate:
- COMM 790 – Deliberation & Dialogue Theory, 3 credit hours
- COMM 716 (Small Group Communication) OR COMM 756 (Practicum in Communication) & Conflict, 3 credit hours
Two courses (6 credit hours) from the following list will count toward the DDPE certificate:
- COMM 716 (Small Group Communication)
- COMM 756 (Practicum in Communication & Conflict)
- COMM 735 (Leadership Communication)
- COMM 780 (Intercultural Communication)
- COMM 791 (Deliberation & Dialogue Process Models)
- COMM 845 (Approaches to Public/Community Engagement)
- COMM 916 (Communication Theories & Engagement)
Certificates Outside Communication Studies
Kansas State University offers a number of other graduate certificates. A portion of the credit hours earned will count toward the Master’s degree in communication.